Dr. Schneider has consulted for colleges and universities in many states, from Hawaii to Massachusetts.
Among issues addressed are:
- What are the advantages of offering a major in area or international studies?
- What incentives might spur faculty (and their departments) to develop courses covering more countries than the U.S.? What factors could strengthen the international dimensions of their disciplines in more courses?
- What strategies might work in strengthening ties between Arts and Sciences and professional schools?
- What campus organizations might effectively strengthen international studies?
- How can a university afford to teach less commonly taught languages whose enrollments are likely to remain small?
- What are characteristics of successful grant applications?